Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Whoever You May THINK North America Belongs To.....

This is just unbelievable. Abraham Lincoln once said a house divided against itself cannot stand. Some people are too stupid to really get the meaning of that. As I said earlier, there seems to be a cold war among cab drivers, at least here.

There is a certain driver here working the airport that seems to have a problem with foreigners. I agree on some respects because there are a great many here illegally, taking jobs and sending the money they earn home, and not paying taxes on any of it.

But if the person has legal status here, or is a citizen, pays their taxes, and does things legally, what the hell is this guy's problem?

Apparently, one guy from another country was away from his taxi one day when the line moved, and the guy behind him went around him. By airport rules the second driver was right, but it was still dirty. I don't do it unless that driver has done something to me.

So, apparently, later the guy from another country had a chance to return the favor. Only trouble I had with it was they went around me AND a third driver to do it, and I didn't even know the line had moved. However, he tried to make it right later.

But now the other guy has a chip on his shoulder towards any and all people from other countries, because he chooses to be a dick.

So now he has a sign in the rear window of his cab saying "Ride American, Not Foreign". Granted, he could be saying to ride in an American car rather than an import, but everybody knows what it really means.

Honestly, it pisses me off, and I'm not even the target of its wording. Mostly because it's just stupid. It's not like OUR ancestry is 100% American. British colonials came and cheated Native Americans out of their homeland, and for the most part, their heritage. True story. However, one of my New Year's resolutions is to accept that 98% of people are idiots, and that I can't change that.

So, in closing, I would just like to say that while I wish no ill fortune on anyone, I do hope that racists everywhere wind up needing (and getting) a pint of blood from the very people that they hate so much.......

No comments: