Sunday, May 31, 2009

Whew!

I have a few rules in my taxi cab. Some of them are for my protection, some of them for protection of my equipment, and some are for protection of my passengers.

One of those rules is very much both for my protection AND my passengers. If a female passenger (especially by herself) does not know where she is going and I have no way to find out where she needs to go, I stop a cop right then and there. Cab drivers have an unnecessary and undeserved reputation for having BO and trading fares for sexual favors, among other things.

I'm not like that. If a female passenger shows interest in me, I give her my card and tell her to call me when I'm off duty. It never goes beyond that, usually they lose my card or whatever.

A lone female UVa student was put in my cab last night by her "friends" with about eight dollars to get her where she was going. The address they gave me wasn't right, and she couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me where she lived.

After five places that were not where she lived, I asked to see her ID. Perfect. An out-of-town address, so that was no help. After repeatedly asking her where she lived, she finally muttered, "Just park."

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

"Take me to your place," she said. Oh, hell, no. Not when she's this drunk and can holler rape later. And certainly not when I'm working.

Just then a Crown Vic pulls up behind me. Never thought I'd say this, but hot damn, here comes a cop.

Before it was over with, she told the cops I was trying to hook up with her (she was so drunk the cop didn't believe her, seeing as I was the one who asked for their help), then blew a .21 on the Breathalyzer. When I gave them the name that was on the ID she gave me, they found a credit card in her wallet that had a different name. Uh-oh.

Turns out she was underage and had been drinking on her older sister's ID. Now she's REALLY in trouble. Would have been a simple drunk in public charge if not for that. But if she had gotten her head out of her ass and told me where she lived instead of trying to hem me up, she would have had no problem.

I still can't believe this bitch tried to get me locked up for something I didn't do. And women wonder why I have a hard time trusting them. This is why, ladies. I usually have a hard time even asking a woman out and that's IF I find someone I'm interested in (rare).

No comments: