Tuesday, May 26, 2009

These People Had Watched Too Much Taxi Cab Confessions....

Okay, so this couple gets in my cab, seeming very furtive and concerned that they had been seen together. After refusing one ATM, the next one was out of order and we finally found one on the west end of town. The guy gets cash out and asks, "How much would it cost to just ride around for awhile?"

To which I replied, "You could run up $400 running laps around town if you drive long enough. Define awhile.... 20 minutes, 2 hours, all night, what?"

"Head west and we'll see what happens...." Well, by the time we got to the next town, they were doing their thing in the backseat. I started to say something but it was a little too late by then.

Interestingly enough, I dropped them off at separate houses quite some distance apart. The guy gives me a $15 tip and says, "You never saw me." To which I replied, "Here's my card, sir, can I NOT see you again?"

Interesting sequel to this story. Several months later, I picked up a man from downtown. Went to the same house I dropped the woman off at before. Different guy, and acted like he owned the place. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. However, I said nothing.

The house was up for sale two months later. Quite interesting.

No comments: