Tuesday, May 26, 2009

People Never Cease To Amaze Me......

I was the only taxi at the airport, or so I thought. A Yellow Cab was circling the airport drive, being unpermitted to wait in line. We call them vultures. Why these idiots drive 10 dead miles to likely not even get a fare is beyond me.

A lady came out going to a subdivision about 3-4 miles away. My minimum charge is $25.00 because of the usual 4 hours average of waiting time. I have to make SOMETHING for my time.

A little background on the driver of this particular Yellow Cab. He has a condition which causes him to fall asleep at any given time (not safe in my line of work), his cab reeks of cigarette smoke, and I know from personal observation and war stories from other taxi drivers that he has personally destroyed probably $60,000 worth of taxi cabs in his career. Not to mention he pulled a knife on me one night for no good reason, with a witness.

Aside from this, his current cab has the front end almost dangling off the car from an accident (he's had the car maybe 6 months) and it burns more oil than fuel.

This passenger took a cab that exhibited signs of a driver that was not in full control of his vehicle at all times, just to save eight dollars. It may be your money, people, but it is also your life. I gave up a nine dollar fare to save my life one night.

No comments: