Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What NOT To Say To A Cab Driver

You know, I really do enjoy my job, it's just some people make it a lot harder than it has to be.....

Kid gets in my cab from the local after-hours club, is going to the next little hole-in-the-wall town... Good fare, as long as I get paid....

Five miles from where he's going, (out in the middle of nowhere) he asks me if I've ever been robbed. People, this is not a question to ask a taxi driver when you are in the middle of nowhere. It makes us VERY nervous, especially if we do not know you.

I was about to respond, and a bump in the road made the spare tire fall out of its place in the trunk, thunking around before it came to rest.

The kid says, "What was that?"

I merely responded, "That's the body of the last guy who tried to rob me. Do you know somewhere I can dump it?"

He went silent for the rest of the ride, paid his fare and got out. Interesting, don't you think?

No comments: