Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First candidate for the 2009 Darwin award, step right up!!!

UVa student gets in my cab Friday night with no cash, only a debit card. As I am not set up to take debit cards, the best I could do was take her by an ATM. (Would you believe that some idiots misunderstand me to mean I can take an ATM card when I tell them this?)

Anyway, she asked for $8.00 change from a $20.00 bill. THEN complained about the fare being $10.45 (of which I charged $10.00 even). Needless to say, I gave her ten $1.00 bills back. I have written about such things before.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. How stupid are you to give more than you're charged, and then complain about it?

She didn't count her change, so I'm sure she didn't catch it, and even if she did, the odds that she will read this blog are rather slim, but if she is, the reason she got $10.00 back might be because I'm a stupid, inferior, illiterate, uneducated cab driver who can't count and cheated themselves. And then it might just be that I refuse to accept a tip from anyone who complains about it. Obviously, she needs it more than I do.

No comments: