Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Talk About Stupid.......

Once again I'm proven right about my current assessment of my profession and the overall lack of thought shared by my, um, colleagues.

A month ago, a driver for a competitor and I locked horns slightly. I simply remarked that I couldn't see how they made enough money driving people around for $1.00 a mile one-way on long trips, when it costs about 50 cents a mile each way. His response was, "I don't know how people stomach paying you $40.00 from the airport to the Omni."

Well, I ran into "Sergeant Sunshine", as I have nicknamed him (on account of he always looks as though you just stole his woman), a few nights ago.

I was talking about getting something to eat, and he admitted that he couldn't even afford a submarine sandwich at a local deli for dinner after paying lease to his company. I swear, I had to walk away before I started laughing.

It's not funny that someone can't afford food, but it is funny to know that someone can be that blind as to WHY they can't afford food. But I figured out a long time ago that I can't save the world, so I quit trying.

No comments: