Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Origins Of "Cheese Wagon"....

It hadn't really occurred to me, but some might be wondering just how I came to be in possession of a bus. It's really quite simple. It's part of a barter deal I made in 2006 to pay for my studio time in recording my debut musical effort. Quite simply, I bought it to house computer equipment and surveillance cameras monitoring property belonging to the studio owner and that of his family. Basically, an hour of my time monitoring the video is an hour of studio time.

The studio owner didn't want to go through all the hassle of getting a building permit for a shed to house this equipment, for many reasons. It was just easier to house it in a vehicle. And safer for the equipment, as it has turned out. I thought this was a joke at first, but the surveillance has actually led to a few arrests and at least one conviction.

I didn't really plan on getting this big of a vehicle. Vans were fairly expensive, and I was actually looking for one of the van-based buses, such as a Ford E350 van-based bus. However, when I went to Fishersville to answer an ad for a "1989 Ford Bus", I had no idea how big it was. Stepping around the corner to look at it, I was greeted by a 35-foot yellow monster. But the price was right, and so I bought it.

Fittingly, I dubbed it "Cheese Wagon". Fast forwarding to 2009, it looks as though I may be converting this thing into a motorhome. I have finally come to terms that I need to make some changes in my life, and one of them is to start actually living my life instead of wasting it away with all work and no play.

No comments: