Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sometimes No Matter What You Do....

It's never enough. I have found myself in the unique position of the Department of Motor Vehicles telling me that I can not work. Yes, you read that correctly.

In the summer of 2010, I had a vehicle with transmission problems that I hadn't driven in a few months and decided to junk. I got stopped on the way to the junkyard with the vehicle, and found that I had been sold a 6-month insurance policy, which was out of date.

I was not notified of any problems until the DMV had already suspended my license. It seems they had sent two notices previously that I had somehow not received, so in addition to a $500 fine, I had to pay $145 to reinstate my license. $645, $195 of which I'm proud to say I paid in loose change.

Now, as if THAT wasn't enough, they are now requiring that I have SR-22 filing on my taxicab. The problem here is that a built-in filing is actually better than what SR-22 does, and I simply cannot get SR-22 on the taxicab at all.

So, I had to turn in all permits and licenses last weekend. Way to go, DMV! You've successfully sent someone to skid row with your stupidity! I knew I should have left this state when I had the chance.

No comments: