Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Reminder Of What "CAB" REALLY stands for...

Ooookay... It's been an interesting week / weekend, mostly due to personal situations.... Early Monday morning dispatch informed me that a fellow wanted a non-smoking cab with a GPS to go out-of-town. Most larger companies run low-ball rates to keep people calling, which gyps the driver a bit, as anyone who's read my blog before knows.

So, naturally, this trip was quoted at a somewhat ridiculous rate, which worked out to less than $1.50 per mile, netting me, the driver less than $40 for a five-hour round-trip. I don't have GPS, but I managed to Google Map directions to the address he supplied.


Naturally, the directions were inaccurate and got us a bit hung up. The guy fusses a bit, even though we weren't far from the destination. I got him to his destination 30 minutes ahead of schedule, and the guy gives me exactly the price quoted -- NO tip.

"CAB" has been said to really stand for "Cheap Ass Bastard", and this guy lived up to it to the letter. For someone who doesn't tip, he was pretty damned picky to want a non-smoking cab with GPS...

No comments: