Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries.... NOT.

There are many ways this week could have been worse..... must remember that.......

Last Monday I purchased a small 4-wheel-drive SUV due to some rough roads I must travel. It turned out to have a bad rear axle. I traded it for a small older model pickup that turned out to have some engine problems, but at least it gets me where I want to go. Heavy oil and an oil stabilizer will hopefully keep it alive for another year....

THAT, however, turned into an oddysey.... The dealer was going out of business and allowed me to use their dealer plate to bring the truck home as long as I brought it back. It apparently fell off the truck on the 50-mile drive, and despite driving all day retracing the route I took, I never found it.

Bad enough. Then the alternator failed on my van. Took all day to replace, then the battery was too weak to crank the engine, and it took three hours to get someone to jumpstart it. Of course, I was brought down again by a bad power connector that failed, forcing me to do it all over again. *SIGH* I need a vacation....

No comments: