Friday, April 30, 2010

Going Forward In Reverse.....

Well.... The day has finally come..... If anyone actually follows this blog, you may remember that I bought a Sony Vaio laptop about a year or so ago...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but after a year owning a Sony Vaio..... I have come to three conclusions.

1) I will never buy from Best Buy again.

2) I will never use Windows Vista again.

3) I will never buy a Sony computer again.

The sales girl I talked to at Best Buy was very nice, but wound up talking me into a pricier machine that I almost immediately did not like. Best Buy's return policy makes you wait 2 weeks for a refund, which is, for lack of a better word, utter bullshit.

I found quickly that if I were in advertising, my Windows Vista commercial would have been, "I'm a dumbass..... and Windows Vista was MY idea." I have had nothing but problems with Vista. Perhaps it's because I'm something of a power user, but no matter. I will never use it again. I also found that Sony is very proprietary, which I have never liked.

Therefore, I have sold my Vaio and bought an older HP Compaq N620 with Windows XP. Your results may vary, but don't look for me to recommend Best Buy, Sony, or Windows Vista.


No comments: