Friday, January 8, 2010

An Impromptu Vacation To Arizona By Way Of California.....

Some know it, some don't, but I have been quite interested in a woman in Arizona for quite some time. We get along quite well, and she is planning to move to Nevada as well.

She wanted to come see me first, but after her boss screwed her over (for the third time) on time off to make the trip, I decided to go see her. I lucked out and found someone who needed a car driven to California, crossing Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. They were willing to pay for the gas, but I split it with them in exchange for a few days detour into Mesa.

This is my first vacation since 1997, and the trip has been great so far. Currently in Mesa, AZ. We finally met, and things are going extremely well. Lots of good pictures to share from the trip as well... Until I crossed into New Mexico, I thought I-40 was the most boring and forsaken highway I'd ever driven. New Mexico is beautiful, as is Arizona. I really wish I could check out Nevada, but I just didn't have time this trip around.

I think I finally found someone worth keeping that actually wants me. I will be broke when I get home, but I finally got to meet her. What's interesting is that neither one of us was looking for anything. All I can say is this. What you THINK you want, isn't always what you really want, and what you really want and what you actually need are usually two different things. When you stop looking for what you THINK you want, what you actually need will find you.

No comments: