Thursday, August 29, 2013

And So It Ends...

Would you go up to any random stranger on the street and give them your social security number for no good reason? How about your address? Your phone number? Or your name? Me either. Yet that is what Google is insisting that you and I and every other user do... By forcing you to make your name and general area of location known to the public in order to keep a public profile... See for yourself....


Some might say, "But you have your picture uploaded to your profile, what's the big deal?" First, that's an old picture. Secondly, only a local would recognize me anyway, and then only through my profession, which would mean they knew me in the first place. No one should be forced to give their name to a complete stranger over the Internet as a matter of policy. In this age of having your life uploaded to computers, it only takes one crucial bit of info to put you at risk, either by identity theft, or by stalkers (Does anyone remember watching "The Net"? If you haven't, you should.
 
Therefore, due to Google's persistent stupidity and insisting that people provide information publicly that the public doesn't need to know... If they do, indeed, delete this profile citing this asinine policy, this blog will be leaving very soon... Perhaps either by deletion or by voluntary removal. Let this be a warning to all that Google wants to open you up to all manner of crazies by making you make your name and other information public. Piss off, Google. I am saving my blog to hard drive and moving my email and blog account elsewhere. You have no right to force me to tell the world who I am and where to find me. YOU know who I am, and that is enough.

No comments: